Academic Petition

January 15, 2010 at 9:56 am Leave a comment

As many of you know I passed Math 1050, at least that is what I thought.    Unfortunately, while enrolled in the course I changed the class to NC/C thinking that if I was to fail Math it would not affect my GPA.   I was wrong.  By changing the class to NC/C it would not count towards the math credit needed for my degree.  On January 4, I was informed that I will need to re-take Math 1050.  However, I could send in an academic petition and ask for the grade to be changed.   If the petition is rejected then I WILL HAVE TO REPEAT Math 1050.


Petitions are reviewed weekly.  The committee met yesterday and your request was approved.  An official letter of response will be mailed shortly.  Please allow time for this to be processed.

My grade is offically a C.  I have also requested an academic renewal.  An academic renewal is for students who have Te-rRr-IbLe grades and have also been out of school for several years.  The registar’s office takes those terrible grades and replaces them with an R – thus academic renewal.  My classes will still follow me as being incomplete but will not count towards my GPA. (01/13/2010)

Entry filed under: My Journal.

Why I am still here….. Clarification…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

%d bloggers like this: